Our series provides nonprofit staff, volunteers, and event leaders with cutting-edge insights and proven best practices to improve fundraising results.
Each episode features a special guest from all sectors and backgrounds of the nonprofit industry--including charity auctioneers, attorneys, development directors, marketers, and many more--who share their unique perspectives and lessons learned.
Events With Benefits is hosted by three longtime event fundraising professionals and friends: Danny Hooper, benefit auctioneer at Danny Hooper Productions; Ian Lauth, VP of Marketing at Winspire; and Renee Zau, Co-founder & CEO of DonationMatch.
Are charity auctions dying? Today's special guest is Nelson Jay, the "bow tie" benefit auctioneer from Seattle, Wash. Nelson shares potential pitfalls, tips and techniques to employ in your next fundraising live and silent auction, including...
- How benefit auctioneers set themselves apart from other auctioneers
- How to create a fundraising road map to meet your event revenue goals
- Top tricks to extract funds
- Extra revenue generators: Warm-up activities, social media photo ops
- How to juggle a live and silent auction in your program
...and more! To find out more about Nelson's services, visit http://www.gaveloauctions.com