Our series provides nonprofit staff, volunteers, and event leaders with cutting-edge insights and proven best practices to improve fundraising results.
Each episode features a special guest from all sectors and backgrounds of the nonprofit industry--including charity auctioneers, attorneys, development directors, marketers, and many more--who share their unique perspectives and lessons learned.
Events With Benefits is hosted by three longtime event fundraising professionals and friends: Danny Hooper, benefit auctioneer at Danny Hooper Productions; Ian Lauth, VP of Marketing at Winspire; and Renee Zau, Co-founder & CEO of DonationMatch.
Today's special guest is Dana Levin, Director of Signature Advancement Events at Jewish Family Service in San Diego, a 4-star charity (highest ranking) on Charity Navigator. Levin shares her strategies for better fundraising events, including:
- The types of fundraising events JFSSD holds each year
- Tools she uses to organize and manage events
- When and how they ensure the guest experience stays fresh year after year
- The 5 distinct income streams included in every event
- Why they got rid of the live auction
...and more! To learn more about Jewish Family Service, San Diego, visit www.jfssd.org