Today's special guest is Mary Tovella Dowling, attorney at For Purpose Law Group in San Diego, Calif. In a litigious world, Mary offers invaluable, money-saving insight on the potential legal pitfalls that can affect your fundraising event.
We'll discuss preventive measures to take before getting into hot water, including...
- Why seek legal advice
- How to be compliant with local, state and federal laws
- The importance of being well insured - and having a policy that covers volunteers
- The ramifications of running an unregistered raffle
- Tips to serve alcohol responsibly at an event
- Contracts you need to protect yourself (with sponsors, the venue, etc)
...and more! To learn more about Mary's work or schedule a free 20-minute consultation, visit http://www.forpurposelaw.com